Asian-style Salmon and Vegetables en Papillote or in parchment paper. It's an easy dinner dish to pull together for in a short amount of time.
Asian-style Salmon and Vegetables en Papillote
An easy dinner dish to pull together for in a short amount of time.
- 2 Garlic cloves minced
- 2 scallions thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon Ginger grated
- 4 tablespoons Reduced sodium tamari
- 2 teaspoons Sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons Rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Mirin
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 2 leaves Bok choy separated
- 2 Carrots julienned
- 3 Shiitake mushrooms thinly sliced
- 4 Salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable oil
- Parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl combine garlic, scallions, ginger, tamari, sesame oil, rice vinegar, mirin, salt and black pepper. Set sauce aside.
- Divide carrots and mushrooms into four even servings.
- Lightly season salmon with salt, set aside.
- Fold each parchment paper in half and cut out in the shape of half a paper hearts. Open a paper and lightly brush right side with oil.
- Place 2 or 3 bok choy leaves in center of paper.
- Place one serving of carrots and mushrooms in a bowl and spoon on a small amount of sauce to coat. Place vegetables on top of bok choy.
- Place salmon fillet on vegetables and spoon a small amount of sauce on top, fold the paper over.
- Starting on the upper left side of the packet, fold and crease edge of the paper with overlapping folds to the end to seal. Press down on folded edges to secure the seal. Lightly brush top of paper with oil. Repeat with remaining three packets.
- Place packets on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 10 -12 minutes. The packet will puff up when done. If serving fish in packets, transfer to plates now.
- Using scissors, carefully cut a small hole in center of the packet to release steam. Cut paper lengthwise and crosswise then fold back paper. Serve immediately.
- Fish and vegetables can also be removed from the packet and plated.