Black Fried Rice is made with vegetables and nutty delicious Forbidden Rice also known as black rice. This is a healthy side dish that’s filled with antioxidants.
Black Fried Rice
This is a healthy side dish that’s filled with antioxidants.
- 1 3/4 cups Water
- 1 cups Black rice rinsed until water runs clear
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable oil
- 1 cup Carrots diced
- 1 Small onion chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Snap peas sliced
- 1 Small red bell pepper diced
- 3 scallions chopped
- 1 tablespoons Ginger
- 1 cups Shiitake mushrooms stems removed and sliced
- 2 teaspoons Roasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons Tamari
Cook rice following instructions on rice package.
Using medium-high heat, add oil to sauce pan. Add carrots and onions and saute until softened.
Add snap peas and bell pepper. Cook for 3 minutes.
Add mushrooms, ginger and scallions and cook for 2 minutes.
Add rice and mix well. Add tamari and sesame oil. Stir until all ingredients are fully coated. Serve immediately.