These Easy Coconut Shrimp are baked and get their crunch from coconut flakes and panko bread crumbs.
These easy shrimp won't disappoint. Serve them as an appetizer with a sweet chili sauce or a homemade apricot sauce. You can also turn it into a simple meal by adding steamed vegetables and brown rice. The best part about these crunchy shrimp are that they're baked and not fried.
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut shredded
- 1 pound of jumbo shrimp peeled, deveined with tails on Non-stick cooking spray (I used canola oil)
- Preheat oven 425 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- You’ll need 3 three small bowls. In one bowl add the flour, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- In the second bowl, add breadcrumbs and shredded coconut, blend together well. In the third bowl using a whisk, beat the eggs together until they are light and frothy.
- Dredge the shrimp in the flour.
- Dip into the egg mixture. Make sure to let any excess egg drip off the shrimp. Lightly coat the shrimp in the bread crumb coconut mixture.
- Place the shrimp onto the prepared baking sheet, in a single layer. Make sure the shrimp are not touching.
- Lightly spray the shrimp with a non stick cooking spray.
- Bake the shrimp for about 10 minutes. You want them to be golden brown. Serve with prepared sweet chili sauce or with homemade apricot dipping sauce.
Did you make this recipe?
I would love to know if you made any substitutions and switched it up to put your spin on this recipe. Snap a pic and post it to Instagram. Tag @lisamarietodd and hashtag #anappetizinglife. Enjoy!