Here’s an easy homemade guacamole recipe that’s great with chips or spread on a sandwich.
This is one of my favorite go to recipes. Perfect to serve as a snack or on Cinco de Mayo. You can adjust the heat by adding more jalapeño pepper. I used half of a small pepper and removed some of the seeds and white pith that make a jalapeño hot.
Ingredients To Make Guacamole
Choose avocados that are ripe and firm. You don't want it to feel mushy anywhere on the skin. And don't choose any avocados that have marks or blemishes on them.
Easy Guacamole Recipe
- 3 large ripe avocados
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 Roma tomatoes seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion diced
- 2 garlic clove minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Black pepper
Add all of the ingredients except for the avocados into a bowl. Slice avocados in half and remove the pit. Carefully cut avocado into dice sections leaving without cutting through the skin. Spoon out the avocado dices into the bowl of ingredients.
- Mash the avocado and all of the ingredients together. You can make it as smooth or chunky as you like. Check the seasoning. Add more lime, salt and pepper if needed.
- The recipe calls for 3 large ripe avocados. You can substitute with 6 small avocados.
Let me know if you made this recipe or if you made any substitutions to put your spin on it. Snap a pic and post it to Instagram. Tag @lisamarietodd and hashtag #anappetizinglife. Enjoy!