Today's live show will feature these Lime Chicken Soft Tacos. Dark meat chicken thighs are inexpensive, moist and just tasty. I substituted Greek yogurt instead of mayonnaise to lighten up the slaw. Feel free to experiment and switch things up. Try using green cabbage instead of purple.
LIME CHICKEN SOFT TACOS WITH CABBAGE SLAW
These chicken tacos are so delicious!
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon celery salt
- 2 cups purple cabbage shredded
- 1 cup carrots shredded
- 2 scallions thinly sliced
- 1 pound boneless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Kosher salt to taste
- Package of white corn tortillas
- ¼ cup cilantro minced
- In a medium bowl add lime juice, cumin, paprika, olive oil and salt. Mix well.
- Add chicken to mixture cover with marinade. Cover with an place in refrigerator for 30 minutes, no more than 2 hours.
- Warm grill pan to medium-high heat. Cook thighs 5 minute on each side. Thickest part should reach 165 degrees when done. Remove from heat and allow chicken to rest. Cut chicken into diced pieces. Set Aside.
- Heat a dry grill pan on medium-high heat. Warm tortillas in pan 20 to 30 seconds each side.
- Place tortillas on plate and fill with cabbage slaw and grilled chicken. Garnish with cilantro and serve.