I love this quick, healthy side-dish to serve with a weeknight meal or anytime. Broccoli is a great source of fiber, calcium and omega-3 fatty acids. Garlic takes the flavor from bland to second serving request level. I started making this recipe when my daughter was in grade school. She's 21 now and still loves her vegetables!
ROASTED BROCCOLI WITH GARLIC
A quick and easy, healthy side dish.
- 1 Broccoli head
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine the broccoli, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper.
- On a baking sheet with parchment paper, spread out the broccoli. Roast in oven for 15 - 20 minutes, turning once halfway through.
- Transfer to a bowl then squeeze the desired amount of lemon. Serve immediately.