This Roasted Lemon Rosemary Chicken and Cauliflower dish is an easy sheet pan dinner to create. Thin slices of lemon, rosemary and minced garlic help pump up the flavor of the chicken thighs and cauliflower.
This is the perfect one-pan meal to toss into the oven on those nights you don’t feel like cooking. You can make things even easier by prepping some of the ingredients the day before. Slice your lemons and prep the cauliflower to get ahead of the game. I love using bone-in chicken thighs in recipes. They're relatively inexpensive, flavorful to eat and easy to successfully cook.
Tips for Making Roasted Lemon Rosemary Chicken and Cauliflower
- Look for firm cauliflower with crisp green leaves and no brown spots or yellowing on the florets.
- Cauliflower will keep refrigerated for about 3 to 5 days. Make sure to wrap tightly in reusable food wrap or plastic wrap.
- Don’t toss those cauliflower leaves! The leaves are edible. Their flavor is slightly stronger than the florets. They will pair well with fish or in a salad. Wrap the leaves, then refrigerate them to roast the next day. A 400-degree oven, quarter sheet pan, olive oil, minced garlic, salt and pepper is all you need. In 15 – 20 minutes you’ll be enjoying a delicious vegetable and not wasting food.
- Purchase organic chicken thighs if possible. Organic chickens are raised without growth hormones or antibiotics and consume organic feed. You pay a little more for them, but it’s well worth it.
Watch the video below to see how I made this recipe.
To see more videos, subscribe to my YouTube channel
Roasted Lemon Rosemary Chicken with Cauliflower
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 lemons -1 thinly sliced and 1 juiced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 large head or 2 medium heads of cauliflower cut into small florets
- 8 chicken thighs
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a sheet pan with a sheet of parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add olive oil, the juice of 1 lemon, rosemary, garlic, salt, pepper and paprika. Stir well.
- Add cauliflower to the bowl and lightly toss with marinade. Add chicken thighs to the bowl then gently toss all of the ingredients together.
- Transfer ingredients to the lined sheet pan making sure the chicken thighs are arranged skin side up. Evenly distribute the lemon slices around the chicken and cauliflower.
- Roast chicken for about 35 minutes until chicken skin is golden brown. Use an instant-read thermometer to check if the chicken is done. Insert the thermometer into the thickest part of the thigh. It should register 170 degrees.
- Allow chicken to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Let me know if you made this recipe or if you made any substitutions to put your spin on it. Snap a pic and post it to Instagram. Tag @lisamarietodd and hashtag #anappetizinglife. Enjoy!