Wondering what to cook this weekend? Try these flavorful Shrimp Fajitas filled with vegetables and spicy jalapeno chiles.
You have to try these flavorful Shrimp Fajitas filled with vegetables and spicy jalapeno chiles!
- 1.5 pounds medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Chili powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Onion thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 red bell peppers cut into ½ ” strips
- 1 Green bell pepper cut into ½” strips
- 1 teaspoon Jalapeno chile finely chopped
- 1 Package of flour or corn tortillas warmed
- ⅓ cup cilantro
- Sour cream optional
Combine shrimp, lime juice, orange juice, salt, oregano, cumin and chili powder into a large glass bowl or zip lock bag.
Coat shrimp well then cover (if using a bowl) and marinate in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat then add oil.
Add onion and cook until softened. Add garlic and cook for one minute.
Add bell pepper, jalapeno pepper and ¼ teaspoon salt and cook until tender.
Add shrimp and cook for 2 to 3 minutes until shrimp are fully cooked.
Serve with tortillas and garnish cilantro and sour cream.