These Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings are glazed with a delicious spicy sauce. Serve them with crunchy carrot and celery sticks and a tangy blue cheese dip.
What's a Super Bowl party (or any party) without buffalo chicken wings? These wings are baked, so it will take some of the guilt out of devouring them. The spicy buffalo sauce has honey in it to add a little sweetness. These always disappear quickly at my house, so you may have to make a second batch. Don't forget to have plenty of napkins around. They'll be a lot of saucy fingers.
HOW TO MAKE BAKED CHICKEN WINGS
Here's a quick look at how to make these delicious wings. The full recipe and instructions are below in the recipe section.
First, you’ll need to line a sheet pan with foil. Place a wire rack inside the sheet pan. This will help all sides of the chicken to get crispy. Coat with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place the chicken in a 400-degree oven and cook for 50 – 55 minutes. Be sure to turn the wings halfway through cooking.
HOW TO MAKE BUFFALO SAUCE
While the wings are baking, go ahead and make the buffalo sauce. Keep the finished sauce warm until the wings are golden and crispy out of the oven.
Place the cooked wings in a large bowl and cover them in the buffalo sauce. Coat the wings evenly then place the chicken wings on a platter.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH BAKED BUFFALO CHICKEN WINGS?
Homemade Blue Cheese Dip is a go-to classic to serve with chicken wings. This one is super simple to make. You can prepare the dip ahead of time. Just cover and refrigerate it until needed.
In a small bowl, mix the sour cream, mayonnaise, fresh lemon juice, parsley, crumbled blue cheese, a tiny bit of milk and salt and pepper. That's it.
Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings
Baked Chicken Wings
- 3 pounds chicken wings Makes about 18 wings, cut wing tips if desired
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black Pepper
- 2/3 cup hot pepper sauce (I like Frank’s)
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter
- 1 garlic clove minced or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt to taste
- ½ cup sour cream
Blue Cheese Dip
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup Italian parsley
- 1 cup blue cheese crumbled
- 1 tablespoon milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- To Make Chicken Wings
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a sheet pan with foil and set a wire rack inside the pan.
- In a large bowl add olive oil, salt and pepper. Add chicken and coat well. Back wings for 50 - 55 minutes, turning the wings halfway through. Cook until the chicken skin is golden and crispy.
To Make Buffalo Sauce
- Prepare the Buffalo Sauce right before the wings are finished baking. In a small saucepan, melt butter garlic, hot sauce, vinegar, honey, celery salt and cayenne pepper over low heat. Stir occasionally. Keep the sauce warm until the chicken is removed from the oven.
- In a large bowl, toss wings with Buffalo sauce coating evenly. Transfer wings to a platter and serve with blue cheese sauce, carrot and celery sticks.
To Make Blue Cheese Dip
- In a medium bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, parsley, blue cheese, milk, salt and pepper. Mix well, cover and refrigerate.