Papaya Avocado Salsa is one of my favorite summer side dishes, and it only takes 10 minutes to make. The combination of the sweet tropical papaya flavor mixed with creamy, buttery cubes of avocado is beyond delicious. You can also serve the salsa with crunchy tortilla chips.
In addition to this salsa being a great side dish, it's super healthy. Papayas play a large role in making this a nutritious side. The soft, fleshy fruit is high in fiber and filled with vitamin C and antioxidants. It also has an enzyme called papain that helps with digestion.
HOW TO CHOOSE A PAPAYA
HOW TO CUT AND PREP A PAPAYA
CAN YOU FREEZE LEFTOVER PAPAYA?
WHAT INGREDIENTS DO YOU NEED TO MAKE PAPAYA AVOCADO SALSA?
- Make sure to cut the papaya and avocado cubes the same size.
- Be extra gentle when you mix all of the ingredients. You don't want to mash the avocado or papaya.
- Feel free to add a little more heat to the salsa by adding more finely diced jalapeño pepper.
Papaya Avocado Salsa
This easy Papaya Avocado Salsa recipe takes just 10 minutes to make. It's one of my go-to favorites to make in the summer.
- 2 papayas peeled and diced
- 2 avocados diced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro mined
- 1/4 cup red onion diced
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons jalapeño pepper seeded and finely minced
- 1 green onion thinly sliced
In a medium bowl, combine lime juice, orange juice, cilantro, red onion, green onion, and salt. Whisk in olive oil.
Add papayas and gently fold into mixture. Then add avocados and gently fold in.
Transfer to a bowl and serve or cover and refrigerate for an hour before serving to allow flavors to develop. Salsa will keep for 2 days.
FOLLOW ME ON YOUTUBE, PINTEREST, FACEBOOK AND TWITTER.
Let me know if you made this recipe and put your spin on it. Snap a pic and post it to Instagram. Tag @lisamarietodd and hashtag #anappetizinglife. Enjoy!