This post may contain affiliate links. You can read my disclosure policy here.
Roasted Asparagus with Orange Zest and Thyme. Cook for 20 minutes in the oven and finish with a sprinkling of orange zest.
Roasted Asparagus with Orange Zest and Thyme is a fast and simple dish to prepare. Serve it with fish or chicken as a quick weeknight side dish. Leftovers? Cut up the asparagus and add it into your morning omelet or egg dish.
Asparagus is one of those vegetables that you either love or hate. I think we all know two reasons why most people avoid eating it. Let’s just say; I wouldn’t order this vegetable on a date. Why eat it? The upside is that asparagus is an excellent source of fiber, and vitamins A, C, E and K. There was a reason my grandmother told me to eat this vegetable even it could lead a smelly outcome.
I try to eat in season. You might be thinking, isn’t fresh asparagus a spring vegetable? It is, however, in some areas it’s available year-round. These were at my local Farmers market, so I scooped them up.
WHAT SHOULD YOU LOOK FOR WHEN BUYING ASPARAGUS?
HOW TO STORE ASPARAGUS
WANT TO SEE HOW I MADE THIS RECIPE? Watch the video below.
To see more videos, subscribe to my YouTube Channel
Roasted Asparagus with Orange Zest and Thyme
Yield 6 servings
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, bottom ends trimmed
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Grated orange zest
- Fresh orange juice (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Add asparagus and thoroughly coat with olive oil mixture.
- Place asparagus on a sheet pan. Roast for 20 minutes until slightly crisp and tender.
- Sprinkle with orange zest and serve. You can also squeeze a little fresh orange juice over the roasted asparagus for an extra citrus flavor boost.
- Thoroughly wash the asparagus to remove any soil that may be hiding in the tips.
- If the asparagus stems are hard and tough, use a vegetable peeler to remove those areas.